Smashing sea vista and ample spaces are expecting you at the Paralio Halkidiki Hotel Suites in Possidi...
Map & Location
Experience Possidi, Kassandra Halkidiki in Greece
Possidi Chalkidiki Kassandra Chalkidiki Greece Chalkidiki Beach
Touring around one if the most magnificent areas in Greece: Kassandra, Halkidiki!
Kassandra, the western peninsula of Halkidiki (Chalkidiki) is the most cosmopolitan of the three peninsulas. Kassandra is host to thousands of tourists every year that come to the region to experience its natural beauties, historical sites, stimulating nightlife and beautiful organized beaches. On the western side of the Kassandra peninsula is Possidi, a small seaside village, renowned for its sandy and forested beach.
On this page you are provided with a map of Halkidiki, and travel information about Halkidiki (Chalkidiki) Greece, and in particular Possidi and the greater area of Kassandra.
Kassandra Halkidiki – Sites & Attractions
Visitors to Kassandra can enjoy many archaeological and historical sites. In Possidi, we suggest you visit the Sanctuary of Poseidon (the Olympian god from whom the settlement got its name) and the lighthouse located at the edge of Cape Possidi, built in 1864. Close to Possidi is the village of Kalandra, where you can visit the ancient site of Mendi.
With a good map of Halkidiki, you can go to other sites that are worthwhile visiting in Kassandra, such as:
- the Stavronikitas Tower in Sani
- the windmill in Kassandria
- the lake near Polychrono where the Testudinata Turtle lives
- the Sanctuary of Ammon Dias and the remains of the Paleo-Christian Basilica in Kallithea
- the castle ruins and the channel in Nea Potidea
- the Apostle Paul Tower in Nea Fokea
- the ruins of the ancient city in Polygyros
- the traditional houses, squares and narrow alleyways and the ruins of ancient Afitios in Afytos
Kassandra Halkidiki – Beaches
The peninsula of Kassandra has many beautiful beaches. Apart from the beach in Possidi, which is right next to the Paralio Halkidiki Hotel, visitors can swim at the wonderful beaches close by, such as Kalandra, Aegeopelagitika, Agios Ioannis, Fourka, Nea Skioni and Siviri.
On the map of Halkidiki you will find other beaches in Kassandra, including those located in the villages of Kallithea, Kryopigi, Nea Potidaia, Sani, Nea Fokaia, Paliouro, Pefkohori, Polygyros and Chanioti.
From the Paralio Halkidiki Possidi Beach Hotel the following destinations are easily accessible:
- Possidi Beach: right next to the hotel
- Aegeopelagitika Beach: 1 km
- Supermarket: 50 m
- Bus Stop: 100 m
- Kassandria Town: 14 km
- Kallithea Town: 18 km
- “Macedonia” (Thessaloniki) Airport: 90 km
- Thessaloniki Port: 95 km
- Thessaloniki Train Station: 95 km
Useful Phone Numbers
- “Macedonia” (Thessaloniki) Airport: Tel. +30 2310 985-000
- Thessaloniki Train Station: Tel. +30 2310 599-421, 599-035
- Thessaloniki Intercity Bus Station: Tel. +30 2310 595-400, 595-421
- Thessaloniki Port: Tel. +30 2313 325-800, 2313 325-821
Athens - Piraeus:
- Athens Int. Airport “El. Venizelos”: Tel. +30 210 353-0000
- Athens Train Station: Tel. +30 210 527-0700(Τραινοσε), 2105241770(ΟΣΕ)
- Athens Intercity Bus Station: Tel. +30 210 512-4910, 512-4911, 513-2601
- Piraeus Port: Tel. +30 210 414-7800
Kassandra - Halkidiki:
How to Reach Us
We recommend getting a reliable map of Halkidiki before setting off for your journey. You begin your trip from Thessaloniki, which is approximately 95 km from Possidi. There are signs in Thessaloniki, the Airport and the Port showing the direction to Halkidiki.
Once you reach Nea Moudania, you take the road shown on the signs towards Kassandra. After about 23 km you will reach Kallithea.
From there you go straight towards Kassandria, pass through Siviri and Fourka up to Kalandra. From there take the road to Possidi all the way to the beach.
Continue on the route towards Possidi until you reach the beach. There you will find the Paralio Halkidiki Hotel. We're right on the beach!